I'm a happy participant of the large scale deployement session. This session is dedicated to create a "white book" to help organisation to deploy large scale projects.
First things first :
- What is large scale deployement ?
Numbers are not enough : for small organization a 10 computer deployment can be large scale. So it really depends on where you start from ! However some very interesting ideas came out :
- It has to have a strong impact on every user targeted by the new system or by the upgrade
Some characteristics now :
- Need at least a pilot project
- Take at least one year to completely deploy the project
- Need specific change management in order to assist users
What is a successfull project :
- 100% of the users are using the system (it can takes some times)
- The project empowers the users
- The project is repeatable, scalable, affordable and sustainable
- The project has a strong and positive impact on how things are done after the project has been rolled out
It has been a very interesting day and some very interesting discussions occurs.
More to come...